Application for Membership
Non-profit national societies concerned with the purpose of International Commission for Acoustics, provided they in turn are open to membership for individual persons, shall be eligible for election as Members (Member Societies) of the Commission.
The Member Societies pay a fee per share. This fee is decided by the General Assembly. Currently the fee has been set to 75 Euro per share. For member societies willing to pay the three-year subscription at the one time, a special discount rate of 215 Euro per share applies. The General Assembly consists of official delegates appointed by the member societies. Depending upon the number of shares, the different Member Societies have different number of votes. This is explained in the ICA Statutes and By Laws. The size and activity of the society provides a guide to the appropriate number of shares.
Application for membership shall be made to the Secretary-General of the Commission and will be considered and approved by the Board, subject to ratification at the next General Assembly of the Commission. Applications should include the following information:
- Name of Society or Organisation
- Name and email for President, Secretary and Treasurer
- Website for Society
- Number of shares requested for membership
- Copy of statutes/bylaws or similar document outlining the structure and operation of Society
- Summary (200 words) on the status of the membership of the Society